Contact Us

Carol Ford
Association Manager
Medical Psychotherapy Association Canada
312 Oakwood Court.,
Newmarket, ON L3Y 3C8
Tel: 416.410.6644
Fax: 1.866.328.7974
(or use the form below)

Office use only:

If you think you have an urgent mental health problem, go to the nearest hospital emergency department. If it is a large hospital, or university affiliated, you will be seen by a psychiatrist or psychiatry resident on emergency call, if required. If it is a small hospital you will likely be seen by the crisis team leader. If you cannot get to an emergency department, contact a distress or crisis phone line service; they are located in many urban centres and regions. This information is available in local phone books or by calling police.

For non-emergency mental health care, referrals to GP Psychotherapists are usually made by family doctors. If you believe you need psychotherapy care you should see your regular family doctor, explain what is troubling you, and request a referral to a GP psychotherapist.

If you do not have a family doctor, physicians in walk-in clinics or local health centres can also make the referral. For Ontario, a list of walk-in medical clinics, or community health centres, is provided by the Government of Ontario.

A list of health care websites for other Canadian provinces can be found at the Canadian Psychiatric Association.


Materials on this website do not constitute legal or other professional advice. The MDPAC cannot and does not accept responsibility for loss which may arise from reliance on information included on Instruct your independent professional adviser to verify the appropriateness and correctness of any information on this website upon which you seek to rely.

Links to related sites are provided as information only and do not constitute endorsement by the MDPAC of any of the information, products or views published on those sites.

In this section